The Lake Hope Bushfire Complex is currently 289, 970 ha including:
• Forrestania and Frank Hann Bushfire 240, 197 ha
• 3 Star Lake Bushfire 16,722 ha and
• Welcome Swamp Bushfire 33,051 ha
Cause of the fires - All the bushfires were caused by lightning.
• The Lake Hope Bushfire Complex, formerly known as the Frank Hann and Forrestania Fire’s.
• The Lake Hope bushfire is contained but not controlled.
• Machinery are continuing to work on the western side of this fire to consolidate containment lines both to the north and south.
• 3 Star Lake and Welcome Swamp are contained and controlled and are being remotely monitored.
• Aerial reconnaissance will continue today with machinery in place to act as required.
Fire Fighters Actions
• Today, 20 fire-fighters from volunteer Bushfire Brigades, DFES, Parks and Wildlife, and contractors are on the fireground in seven fire trucks, light tankers and numerous heavy machinery.
• Volunteer Bushfire Brigades, DFES and Parks and Wildlife ground forces are supported by an air-observer aircraft, SES volunteers, local community members and an incident management team.
• A Planned Containment Area is identified to the Southwest of the fire, with the preparation of all containment lines completed.
• The area to the east of the fires at Lake Hope was burnt by a recent bushfire and will help prevent the fires spreading east.
• Additional fire-fighting resources have been acquired and are ready to respond, if required.
Community Assets Threatened or Impacted
No homes/properties have been impacted or are under immediate threat.
Road Closures - A number of roads have been closed including:
• Lake King-Norseman Road between Cascade Road intersection to the west and Peak Charles Road intersection to the east. All tracks within this area are also closed.
• Hyden-Norseman Road is closed east of the Marvel Loch-Forrestania Road intersection to the Norseman Townsite
• Hyden-Norseman Road is closed due to ongoing fires near Norseman.
• Carstairs Road
• Marvel Loch-Forrestania Road at Carstairs Road and in Shire of Yilgarn
• Holland Track
• Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR SHIRE OF ESPERANCE.
Forecast today (Thursday): Maximum temp 37° C W’ly winds 15-20km/h, increasing to 25-35km/h between 1100 and 1900. Gust to 50km/h may occur during the afternoon and evening.
Tomorrows weather outlook (Friday): Maximum temp 30° C
A Bushfire Advice remains in place. Keep up to date:
13 DFES (13 3337)
Local ABC Radio
A PDF Version of this information here: Lake-Hope-Community-Information-19th-Dec-1400.pdf
Download a PDF Version of Map Here: LakeHopeComplex-CommunityMap-Forrestania-20191219-1400.pdf